FINDING THE ROOT CAUSE
12 WAYS TO FIND OUT WHAT ANY PROBLEM REALLY IS
If you ask and answer each of the following, write it all down and ask again, no problem can hide from you for long.
This is an excellent exercise to complete and share with your coach before your first session.
- What story is holding you back?
- How much energy are you willing to put into not knowing?
- How would your ideal self, the BEST self you can imagine, create a solution?
- What are you trying to prove to yourself?
- Opposite day. If I was in your shoes and asked you for advice, what would be the first thing you’d tell me?
- What would you try now if you knew you could not fail?
- Just because an experience happened in the past, why must it happen again?.
- What do you think the moral of that story is?
- What part of what you’ve just said could be an assumption?
- What are the positive outcomes of your most negative situation?
- What story do you most often hear yourself telling?
- Please describe yourself without using any words, phrases or sentences you have used to describe yourself before.